Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm a driving girl, yes I'm a driving girl!!!!

The State of New Jersey has finally given me a driving licence!!! My boss was very helpful today and did not bring up any stressful topics all the way to Lodi. I managed not to mangle any cones and (despite needing a taxi to the sidewalk when I parallel parked) passed my road test. I know most of the world manages to reach this milestone at 17 but I am happy to say that finally at 33 I am a driving girl. (There is a song here, sing along if you know it.)

With very little in the way of good news at work today I returned to the office triumphant looking for people to share my good fortune with and to lift their spirits. My other boss;
"Good, but you know you are too late to get this into the insurance company today."
Yeah awesome thanks.
The secretary, " Well you know Stella's daughter, crashed the car the very day she passed."
Encouraging.
The Book keeper, " Now you will have a car payment and insurance too, do you even know how much gas costs?"
I was reminded of that SNL sketch " Along comes Debbie Downer" which made me laugh and skipped off to Randy's car to go on an errand I have been meaning to do all week, and now I can!!! I laughed at myself behind the wheel all the way down Macopin Road and managed not crash or even worry too much about the cost of the gas I was burning. No more trips to the supermarket for you Randy and Roomdog, I will pick you up from the airport girl, know why? Cause I'm a driving girl.

1 comment:

KD said...

yea! yea! I'm celebrating down here for you.