The good news I have been receiving recently is helping January pass more quickly. My friend Jules had a lovely new baby girl this week, my sister found out she was pregnant and Roomdog got a great new job. Congratulations to all, I love hearing other peoples good news, it makes you feel more positive about the future.
My news is that I am moving house. I have known this since November and have kind of been putting it off. I am moving two doors down, literally twenty feet away so why does this seem like such a massive task? I came here 6 years ago with all my belongings in a backpack but have collected a truck load of stuff which now needs to be packed and moved. My new apartment is bigger and nicer and I want to go there, I just would like someone else to move everything.
Today is the day I have to start. I have three days off work to deal with this move which I know seems a little ridiculous but it feels important to get this right. I have never lived alone or had to set up for myself. I don't really know where to put anything or how to go about this. I have been planning in my head for weeks with scenarios involving cleaning then moving, making several trips with armfuls of stuff or packing in boxes room by room but so far all I have come up with is that this is definitely an excuse to shop. I feel a trip to Target coming on.
Randy has just stopped me mid sentence to ask me if I am Blogging about driving to Target as I have yet to drive on the Highway and he knows that I really want to go. I have been avoiding this with any excuse I can think of because it is kind of scary with all those other cars. Randy knows however that I really want to go check out the Exclusive Furniture for under $50 collection I have been coveting online. Randy says driving is a life skill which I have to master but I feel that I have had to face a lot of new and difficult things for me lately and it is time for Randy get the benefits of my life skills teaching. So today Randy I am going to pass on the benfits of my life experience. I am going to teach you to shop. Target here I come with credit card in hand and sneakers on. Cleaning the new apartment can wait, I have three days after all.
1 comment:
Hey! To which house are you moving? I didn't even know that C moved back to Ireland. We really do need to catch up. Thanks for telling me about your blog; it's going on my favorites list.
Love you,
KD
Post a Comment