Wednesday, January 9, 2008
The end of the roomdogs
After six years of living with my roomdog, (Roomdog=roommate and friend) she has finally decided to take the plunge into a real life and move back to Ireland. It was a big decision for her and I think the right one but that is not what this blog is about. Since my roomdog left, I have realised that she had been listening to all the random crap that I talk about on a daily basis. As my closest friend, workmate and roommate, roomdog heard a lot of my ramblings and I am sure saved many others from my wrath, whining, incessant chatter and craziness. I was aware of this at the time but I did not know just how much I feel the need to talk, constantly. It's not that this chatter is anything groundbreaking. In the weeks since roomdog left I have found myself trying to engage my boyfriend Randy (that's not actually his name but he is obsessed with being referred to as "Randy" I guess it is not too much to ask) in conversations about the benefits of concentrated laundry detergent, what colors of ink mean on notes from workmates and whether or not my stomach is flatter or fatter than this time last year, and those are just the ones I have noticed. Now Randy is a nice guy and being from the Midwest he is too polite to say that he doesn't care but I'm pretty sure that the Sephora sale is not what he wants to discuss at the end of a long day so I felt it was time for me to try something else...and this is it. I have decided to put all this chatter out there where it can be read or not but more importantly it will be out of my system. Then I can come home and be interesting. Sorry I didn't think of this years ago Roomdog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment